Re: [SLE] Switching to linux workstation??
  • From: Adagilson Batista Bispo da Silva <adagilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 11:17:10 -0300
But if you intend to use some video editing software, forget Linux!
a.

James Knott escreveu:

Phil wrote:

I've set up a couple of simple linux servers but haven't switched over to using a linux workstation because I need a good sound editor (I produce news for a local radio station) and I do desktop publishing and need a suitable substitute for pagemaker.

Does anyone know of good linux page layout and sound editing software??

OpenOffice is similar to MS Office, though I don't know how well it will meet your needs. Also, there's an article in the May 2004 issue of The Linux Journal, about a Linux recording studio. That article may have something useful for you.