Re: [SLE] Why should I buy 64bit hardware ?
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 06:48:21 -0400
Jerome R. Westrick wrote:
I've been building 32bit servers like this for years...
In fact I also deliver SOHO servers built along theese
lines.

to answer your question:
No there is no reason to buy a 64bit system for the purpose
you describe. Remeber also that a 64 bit system as almost
double the memory requirements, since it needs 2 the space
to store it's data!

???

Why would data take twice as much space? Is a word processor file going to grow, simply because it's on a 64 bit CPU?

< Previous Next >