Re: [SLE] Problem with ReiserFS
  • From: Volker Krueger <vok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:17:43 +0200
Hi Anders,

yes, this is of course correct: It may be a bad block. However, the
correlation between the crash, which was due to experimenting with a Firewire
camera (it had already happened a number of times!) with the final crash of
the home is also apparent...

But whatever it may be,
there are a number of error messages in /var/log/messaged:

first *a lot* of boot-up messages, also from the previous crashes about
missing inodes

is_tree_node: node level 0 does not match to the expected on 1
vs-5150: search_by_key: invalied format found in block 598507. Fsck?

They are always the same and they are repeated quite often.

after the fist number of crashes, the home was always readable again, but the
last one finally did it...

Any idea if an fscheck could do the job? Any hints for senseful parameters?

thanks in advance,
best,
vok