Still cant connect to my ISP -SOLVED
  • From: keith keesing <kkeith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 08:39:03 +1200
On Thursday 29 April 2004 21.47, I wrote that I was having trouble getting
recognised by my ISP.

I am ashamed to say that the problem turned out to be trivial and that with a
little more effort I would have solved it sooner. Also, as Anders Johansson
said, I could have provided a bit more information.

I have been connected to my ISP, a public company not requiring any special
software to do so, trouble free, for about 10 years.

However, I forgot that about 6 months ago they changed user names, in my case
from "kkeith" to "kkeith@xxxxxxxxxxx".

So I was trying to log on with the wrong user name !!!

Many thanks to those who suggested pointers I might follow up, and I did
improve my understanding by doing so, and by reading the mail about some of
the ramifications of being connected.

keith