Re: [SLE] Upgrade to 9.1 via FTP when available???
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 09:13:12 +0200
On Sunday 02 May 2004 11.09, Terence McCarthy wrote:
> On Sun, 2 May 2004 03:57:11 +0200
>
> Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The differences between 9.0 and 9.1 are fairly small, so it's pretty
> > simple. Just set the 9.1 directory as an installation source in yast,
> > disable the 9.0 source, and start "System update".
>
> anders,
>
> URL? I've tried both suse.com and a couple of German mirrors- all I can
> find is the 9.1 SRC directories which YAST2 won't accept as a source.

It's not there right now, but when it becomes publically available it should
be where the source rpms are today. You can also do it by dumping the
contents of the CDs/DVDs when you get them in a directory on a local ftp, nfs
or web server

My guess (only a guess) is that they forgot to include the source rpms in the
box, and published them on the ftp site to avoid breaching the GPL :)

< Previous Next >