Re: [SLE] SuSE indoctrination too early?
  • From: Don Parris <webdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 19:11:34 -0400
Mike McMullin wrote:

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 23:39, Don Parris wrote:

Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> [04-29-04 20:50]:

On Friday 30 April 2004 03.04, Carl William Spitzer IV wrote:

Then get him knoppix and teach him how to do support and data recovery
then he can handle the simple problems and you can do the complex. it
worked for Moses after he followed his father-in-law's advice.

Moses ran knoppix? I thought everyone ran Yggdrasil back then

cp/m

Then along came Jesus and started a whole new distribution.

More of a fork wouldn't you say? And then not by intention on his
part, as he was in computer terms, clarigying the documentation, was he
not?

Mike

Thanks for recognizing that. One guy cracked a humorous joke. I merely chimed in with my $0.02 worth, and got called off-topic. After defending my position, the whole topic went dead. Very revealing, if not helpful.

I think the discussion of teaching children about Linux is very important. I truly hope the others have just taken a day off, and not allowed someone's misjudgment to ruin the discussion. If I was out of line - which I do not believe - someone point out how so. I'm fairly well versed in netiquette, and taught that as part of Internet classes back in the mid 90's.
I do have some questions of my own regarding Linux and young people. Frankly, I didn't play video games much as a kid - and rarely do now. How do I use games for teaching purposes? That had play in the original discussion. What do the games actually teach? I missed that whole concept as a kid.

--
Don Parris Webmaster
Matheteuo Christian Fellowship