Re: [SLE] Cron Jobs
  • From: Roland Hill <rolandh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:34:19 +1200
Hi Donald,

* Donald Henson <wepin@xxxxxxxxx> [19-03-04 09:21]:

> > Others have mentioned crontab -e. I didn't know about this until they
> > responded to your post.

> Yes. It appears that once you understand it, entering a cron job is
> trivial but there's also a pretty large learning curve. Those who
> already know how to do it forget that newbies seem to have a lot of
> trouble understanding cron jobs. Anyway, thanks for your response. I'll
> put it in the queue with all the other responses and see if I can get
> the light to come on.

Just had a thought, way after all the posts were posted, but are you okay
with the format of a crontab i.e what each of the 5 "fields' are prior to
the 'action'? Not trying to teach you to "suck eggs', but I can summarise
it if needed.

Hope you have it sorted anyway.

--
Regards,

Roland Hill Registered Linux User #330226
http://pl.net/~rnrhill/rhweb.htm @ http://counter.li.org