Re: [SLE] RAID and Swap.
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:52:14 -0900
On Thursday 18 March 2004 23:45, Dave Lists wrote:
>   Processes dying when they can't swap back in I can live with. Just
> let me clarify this, you are telling me that
>  if a disk with a swap device on it dies, it won't take the entire
> system down?
>
> Dave.

As long as that is the only thing on that drive, yes. I had it happen
to me while useing an old 1gig drive as a separate swap. It died
and some services died because they has been swapped out, but
the machine had enough memory that most everything kept right
on chugging, even tho the logs were full of whineing and complaining
from the failed drive. Upon reboot, we had trouble bringing it
up and had to get a new drive.

--
John Andersen

< Previous Next >