Re: [SLE] Missing services after upgrade of KDE?
  • From: "S.R.Glasoe" <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:06:20 -0600
On Saturday 20 March 2004 01:59 am, Rikard Johnels wrote:
> # apt --force-rpm install kdebase3-SuSE
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

> kdebase3-SuSE: Depends: kdebase3 but it is not going to be installed
> Depends: kwin.so
> E: Broken packages
> /Rikard

# rpm -Uvh kdebase3-SuSE_9.0-80_i586.rpm

Is the only way to go. I put that file in an easily remembered and accessible
location. Once I've either apt-got everything I want or YOU'd the latest or
added software via YaST, I then run that line. Don't for get to also run
SuSEconfig and ldconfig after this.

Trying to succeed at this via apt-get WILL NOT work - today. Save yourself
some time and frustration by either:
1. forgetting about kdebase3-SuSE -or-
2. doing these steps as root:
# rpm -Uvh kdebase3-SuSE_9.0-80_i586.rpm
# SuSEconfig
# ldconfig

Stan