Re: xftcache program seems to be missing?
  • From: "l. Athena W." <suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:34:54 -0800
Tried that: got:

# fc-cache TTF fc-cache: relocation error: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Get_PS_Font_Info

Seems like a library is out of phase somewhere....? :-(

-linda

Mike FABIAN wrote:

"l. Athena W." <suse@xxxxxxxxx>
wanted to generate a xft cache for truetype /TTF fonts, but can't
seem to find xftcache -- I can find
the man pager for it in :
suse90-d1/suse/noarch/xmanja-0.7-205.noarch.rpm:
/usr/X11R6/man/ja/man1/xftcache.1x.gz

This man-page is obsolete.

xftcache is obsolete, it has been replaced by fc-cache.

but the binary seem to be hiding from me....I thought I dumped the
file lists of all the packages for easy
greping through to find missing files,,,but grep -i xftcache
suse90_allfiles.txt comes up only with
a reference to the man page.

Is this a updated rpm? (I I haven't regened the file list since I
manually downloaded all the updates -- Had
to manually download them since YOU just hangs on my machine....and it
gives me even less debugging
help than windows update (at least it maintains log file to tell you
why it hangs), but YOU doesn't seem
to have gotten to that level yet...:-(

but am hoping the xftcache problem is simpler....since the YOU problem
seems to be pretty baffling.

Thanks much (please),
-linda

--
In the marketplace of "Real goods", capitalism is limited by safety
regulations, consumer protection laws, and product liability. In