Re: [SLE] Firewall and ppp0
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:53:52 +0100
* Dylan; <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 19 Mar, 2004 wrote:
On Friday 19 Mar 2004 05:20 am, Jim Sabatke wrote:
OK, if ppp0 goes down (dialup you know) and I restart it, it seems
like I have to bring down the firewall and restart it. Is this
normally necessary, or am I doing something wrong?

Make sure you have the FW_SERVICE_DHCLIENT set to yes in the Network>Firewall>SuSEfirewall2 dection of sysconfig. You can find it in YaST under System>Editor for sysconfig files.

Dial up and FW_SERVICE_DHCLIENT has no relation as when you dial up you
dont get your IP address via DHCP process
--

Togan Muftuoglu |
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer | Please reply to the list;

Nisi defectum, haud refiecendum