Re: [SLE] Proof Me Please (Samba)
  • From: "Scott Wrobel" <saw424@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:22:22 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Andersen" <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 11:19 PM
Subject: [SLE] Proof Me Please (Samba)

On Thursday 18 March 2004 20:58, Scott Wrobel wrote:
> I have samba 2.2 currently and will be upgrading to a newer version ASAP.

> workgroup = Happy World

You've tested that?
In the past I've had heaps of problems with workgroup names
with spaces. Not on the linux side, but on the windows side.

--
John Andersen

I have been rinning a network with that workgroup name for over 3 years, and it has always worked fine. i am now running 2 networks in my house, on of them is an isolated guinny pig i set up for the sole purpose of seting up a linux server, both networks are running Happy World as the workgroup. I am not having any problems with the workgroup, i am having problems with setting up a domain for windows to log into.
If i sound angry, i am not. Scott

FadMart - http://www.fadmart.com - An Associate of the World's Largest Store!