Re: [SLE] Firewall and ppp0
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:10:13 -0600
Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:

On 03/19/2004 01:20 PM, Jim Sabatke wrote:

OK, if ppp0 goes down (dialup you know) and I restart it, it seems like I have to bring down the firewall and restart it. Is this normally necessary, or am I doing something wrong?

This is accomplished automatically by the /etc/ppp/ip-up script

OK, I'm confused by ip-up (I'm not very good at bash). I've been using a simple shell/chat script for years. Are there some easy commands that I can just plug in?

I looked at the rc startup stuff and there are so many firewall scripts that I don't know what to pick from.

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

< Previous Next >