Proof Me Please (Samba)
  • From: "Scott Wrobel" <saw424@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 05:58:40 +0000

I have samba 2.2 currently and will be upgrading to a newer version ASAP.
Untill then i have been stumbling along rewriting smb.conf to try to get a win 98 and a win 2000 pro to use my linux box as a PDC. as well as sharing folders on the linux box with the win computers. i have DHCP and BIND 9 up and running and i have run 'useradd mname\$', 'smbpasswd -a -m mname', and 'smbpasswd -a uname'.
There is probably an error or 2 in the following copy of my smb.conf file so if sombody could point out any horrific problems for me, and/or how to fix them, that would be great. also i have purposly # all the printer stuff because i don't have a printer hooked up yet, it is just one more thing to deal with and is on the back burner.
thx scott.

#------------------------ smb.conf Start ------------------------
# smb.conf is the main samba configuration file. You find a full commented
# version at /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SuSE
# Date: 2003-03-17
[global]
workgroup = Happy World
netbios name = PDC
passcb = smbpasswd
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes
local master = Yes
security = user
domain logons = Yes
domain master = Yes
os level = 65
time server = Yes
unix extensions = Yes
encrypt passwords = Yes
log level = 1
syslog = 0
printing = CUPS
printcap name = CUPS
socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
wins support = Yes
veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
logon path = \{}\{}%N\{}profiles\{}%u
logon drive = L:
logon home = \{}\{}homeserver\{}%u\{}winprofile
logon script = logon.cmd
[netlogon]
comment = Logon scripts and policies
path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon