Re: [SLE] One more dumb network question
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 01:00:30 +0000
Jim Sabatke wrote:

C Hamel wrote:

On Thursday 18 March 2004 13:52, Jim Sabatke wrote:

I've got my PCs seeing each other now. How do I get the 2nd PC to see
the internet on the first PC?

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

You'll have to use IP Forwarding & specify the Default Route for your 2nd box, for starters. You'll also have to make sure your IPs for the ISP are specified in resolv.conf.

domain local
nameserver 205.247.xxx.xx
nameserver 205.247.xxx.xx

- -- ...CH

OK, thanks. Is there a site where I can learn to do all this?

Thanks,

I didn't know this kind of stuff when I started out on Unix (22 years ago) or on Linux (14 years ago), so no question should be treated as a dumb question, ignore any idiot that tries to tell you that if you were as smart as he is, you would have been born knowing this stuff.
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Net-HOWTO/ is a good document, you can download a variety of howtos and keep around, they are very handy references whatever your level of knowledge.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.

< Previous Next >