Re: [SLE] One more dumb network question
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:14:42 -0600
Dylan wrote:

On Thursday 18 Mar 2004 19:52 pm, Jim Sabatke wrote:

I've got my PCs seeing each other now. How do I get the 2nd PC to
see the internet on the first PC?

Go into Yast>Security and Users>Firewall

Select the correct interfaces for internal (the one connected to your 2nd machine) and external (the internet connection)
Choose "forward traffic and do masquerading"

complete the config

On the 2nd machine, set the 'default gateway' to be the 1st machine, and the DNS to whatever your ISP supplies.

That should do it!

Dylan

That worked perfectly. Thank you!

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.