Re: [SLE] Fw: Corel's new WordPerfect 8 for Linux !
  • From: Trey Gruel <drathos-suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:16:48 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
> It seems that some people just cannot forget WordPerfect, so I forward
> this message found on the WP9 for Linux newsgroup.

even tho i haven't used it in ages (compatability probs and i almost never
use word processors in general), i'm still a fan of wordperfect.. if it
would work on newer versions of linux, i would probably look for a copy.

as such, i decided to check this out..

> Begin forwarded message:
> From: Mary Ann Panevska <panevska@xxxxxxxxxx>
<snip>
> Corel is currently testing the market to see if there is a demand for
> WordPerfect for Linux, and is only for sale on eBay. $10 plus $10 S&H.
> Just search for Linux WordPerfect and you'll see several offered.

i just did a search on ebay as suggested, and all it came up with were
books and the very old versions of wp that don't work with current
distros..

--
trey