Re: [SLE] Cron Jobs
  • From: Donald Henson <wepin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:50:47 -0700
Quote from SuSE 9.0 Admin Manual:

"/etc/crontab cannot be processed with crontab -e. It must be loaded
directly into an editor, modified, then saved." But does that mean
that's where I should put my cron job? It doesn't say.

By the way, I've also looked at "man crontab" and, as usual, I was
unable to extract any useful info. Whoever writes the man pages must
speak a language I don't understand. As far as I can tell, the man pages
are intended for experienced administrators who just need a reminder of
something they already know about. It does not appear to be targeted at
newbies.

Don Henson