[Fwd: Re: [SLE] Re: VMware Workstation 4 Updated]
  • From: Hans Krueger <hans007@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:53:22 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [SLE] Re: VMware Workstation 4 Updated
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:16:46 -0500
From: L. Mark Stone <LMStone@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Suse-Linux-E <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 13:53, Phil Mocek wrote:
On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 03:24:56PM -0800, Phil Mocek wrote:
> > Are you sure this is not BETA software for which you should
> > not be publishing this info?
[snip]
> Nothing I've seen indicates that it's a beta release.

Paul Porter just notified me that he ``was at a VMWare meeting
yestereday and they where talking about the fact that version
4.5.1 had been released.'' This led him to believe that 4.5.1 is
not a beta release.

The VMware newsgroups aren't treating this as a beta release either.

My guess is the web folks at VMware haven't fully updated the web site
yet. It was only released two days ago after all...

I've been running it here for a full day now, hard. No crashes and much
faster than 4.0.5.
Mark

L. Mark Stone
President