Re: [SLE] Cron Jobs
  • From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:35:51 -0700
You really want to look at "man crontab" <g>

If your userid has permission to run a cron job, the crontab command puts you
into a 'crontab edit' mode. On exit, it automatically installs the resulting
file into the right spot.

You might also want to invest in O'Reilly "Essential System Administration"
(see http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/esa3/) That covers most unixes and
Linuxes and has a great section on cron.

HTH
/Hans