Re: [SLE] using APT to upgrade XF86 in SuSE 8.0
  • From: pinto <pinto45@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:46:15 +0000
On Wednesday 17 March 2004 21:25, JimW wrote:
> > Download the latest xdevel .rpm file.  Then, try the rpm -Uvh passing
> > BOTH rpm packages as parameters so as to update both at the same time.
> >
> > In the event that does not work, you can first use rpm -e to remove the
> > already installed xf86 and xdevel packages.  Then use rpm -i  again
> > passing both packages as the parameters.
>
> ___________________

Dear Jim

~ thanks . . . I needed to remove qt-devel-tools, qt-devel and xdevel

~ after those had been removed, then xf86 installed OK

{ I cannot remember why I had needed the 3 removed packages, and hope I do
not need them any time soon, because for other conflict reasons, I find that
I am unable to re-install the latest versions of qt-devel-tools, qt-devel and
xdevel :-O }

best rgds
________

< Previous Next >