Re: [SLE] Filesystem check
  • From: Alex Khroustalev <svintuss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 23:41:13 +0300
On Wednesday 17 March 2004 22:17, Jerome Lyles wrote:
> I need to know how to do a filesystem check. I'm running Suse 9.0

There is an appendix about fs check in SuSE's administration guide.
In a few words:
a) What fs do you have
b) read `man fsck` (or man reiserfsck, e2fsck, depending on fs type)
c) unmount the disk you want to check (if that's your root disk boot from
suse's cd in rescue system and go to the console - alt+F2)
d) Do the checks as described in mans from b)
I.E. for first reiserfs partition on the primary master execute
reiserfsck /dev/hda1
after the check is complete, read the output and follow the instructions (if
any corruptions were found and not repaired)

Greetings, Alex