Re: [SLE] DNS ( please summarize)
  • From: Hartmut Meyer <hartmut.meyer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:23:44 +0100
Hi,

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 19:22, Mark Olinyk wrote:

> I am somewhat new to Linux , so bare with me.
>
> I have installed suse 9.o and want to configure it for DNS, email and a
> firewall.
> Can somewhat tell me a brief summary on how to set it up in suse. I
> understand some of it but still lack a clear picture.

The easy answer would be to say that there are YaST2 modules for all of these
tasks (mail, firewall, DNS). At least in the Professional version of SUSE
LINUX 9.0.

But without knowledge about what you are doing (and what you want) neither
these modules will help you nor any answer from us.

My advise would be to try and start and then tell us where you are stuck
(together with details about what you want to achieve and what you have done
so far).

One pointer to our support data base regarding the YaST2 mail module:

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2002/05/fhassel_yast2_mail.html

Greetings from Bremen
hartmut