Re: [SLE] Synaptic crash
  • From: Karim <karim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:58:52 +0100
It might be that you experience the same behaviour I did.
I was kindly pointed to right direction ... see the mail below ...

Karim wrote:

>I've been using with great success to install packages packman and others.
>Now it crashes on me after starting the install process.
>Is there a log somewhere?
>/Karim

Try this,

It's caused by a plugin script that checks the rpm integrity. Indeed
introduced with the latest apt rpm update. But man apt tells you:

       --no-checksig
              Do not check the integrity of the packages to be
              installed. It can be used if the integrity check
              fails for 1 or more packages, but the packages have
              been obtained from a save origin. Configuration
              item: RPM::GPG-Check.

The Configuration item RPM::GPG-Check can be set to false in the file
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/gpg-checker.conf (make true -> false) if you don't
want to
check the rpm integrity.

The plugin scripts are located at:
/usr/lib/apt/scripts/