Access a USB2.0 HD
  • From: Mike Partyka <mpartyka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:18:05 -0600
I have had a USB 2.0 hard drive device that i'd like to access under
SuSE. My gateway laptop has USB 2.0 ports to access.

When i run the mount command without the device plugged in, i see the
following entry:

usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)

I would thing a plugable device like this has to be mounted somehow, but
how? When i plug the device in it doesn't change, but if i try to mount
usbdevfs, i get:

mount: special device /usbdevfs does not exist

Can anyone give me a pointer or two on either how to access or mount the
device?

Thanks,