Re: [SLE] Encryption question
  • From: C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:39:24 -0600
On Thursday 04 March 2004 05:20, Örn Hansen wrote:
> torsdag 04 mars 2004 04:03 skrev C Hamel:
> > The problem I am running into is that I can receive the particular
> > sender's e-mail & decrypt it; he cannot decrypt mine, however. We have
> > compared settings both in KGpg & kmail and they seem to be identical. I
> > use his key to encrypt to him, he uses my key for like purpose. What
> > could be simpler! But does it work?? :-\ Zip, zero, nada.
>
> Well, first things first ... you need to export your key to a keyserver.
> You haven't, so my kmail just says: "No open key, to verify signature".
> You're probably using his "private" key to encrypt, in which case he can't
> decrypt it ... except with his public key, which of course isn't the way
> it's done.
I have exported my key to all three keyservers listed in kgpg. As for the
encryption problem I am using the key he sent, and I've signed it. I sent
him my public key and he has no problems decrypting my msgs. I gather that I
am apparently doing everything right ...but with the wrong key. Would you
please enlighten me as to how, exactly, it is done?

Thanks...
--
...CH
SuSE Is All U Need