Re: [SLE] Encryption question
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 21:08:54 -0500
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:22:04 -0600
C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why is it that kmail doesn't use 'inline' as the default?

Because they don't assume that everyone uses a language that can be
represented by the ASCII character set.

> One has to continually choose it because the plugin is the default.

Well, if you only want to use inline, just unload the plugin.

> Personally, I think that may be most of my problem --that of not
> knowing which to use --or how.

For encrypted messages as long as the person you are sending to doesn't
use Outhouse or Outhouse Express- you should be fine with pgp/mime. For
signed messages, Outhouse (not express) users can still see the message-
they just can't verify it.

Charles

--
"Besides, I think [Slackware] sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't
you?"