Re: [SLE] Encryption question
  • From: C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:22:04 -0600
On Wednesday 03 March 2004 18:32, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
> On 03 Mar 2004 15:49:34 -0800
>
> Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > PGP is the standard with inline signatures. Its Evolution which is
> > off track.
>
> I don't think so. We live in an international world- inline
> signing/encrypting have problems with non-ascii character sets. Also
> pgp/mime is crucial for signing/encrypting messages with attachments.
>
> > and there is no agreement as to how to handle them.
>
> rfc 2015 (1996): http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2015.txt
> rfc 3156 (2001): http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3156.txt
>
> > Its Evolution which is off track.
>
> Sylpheed-main's and claws's authors also refuse to support inline
> signing/encrypting.
>
> You might want to refer to this page:
>
> http://www.bretschneidernet.de/tips/secmua.html.en
>
> Charles
Why is it that kmail doesn't use 'inline' as the default? One has to
continually choose it because the plugin is the default. Personally, I think
that may be most of my problem --that of not knowing which to use --or how.
Hope I get my PW soon... finally got the confirmation e-mail. :-)
--
...CH
SuSE Is All U Need