Re: [SLE] I need some help with starting apache....
  • From: Tom Nielsen <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 08:30:19 -0800
On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 02:42, poeml@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 05:04:44PM -0800, Tom Nielsen wrote:
> > I try to start apache (rcapache start) and I get the following error:
> >
> > mailserver:/etc # rcapache start
> > Starting httpd [ PHP4 SSL ]
> >
> > Syntax error on line 8 of /etc/httpd/suse_loadmodule.conf:
> > Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server: libICE.so.6: cannot
> > open shared object file: No such file or directory failed
> > mailserver:/etc # pico /etc/httpd/suse_loadmodule.conf
> >
> > What does this mean? The file, libphp4.so is there.
>
> It means the file libICE.so.6 is not there.
>
> Run yast or 'rpm -Va --nofiles' and make sure there are no unresolved
> dependencies.

I ran rpm -Va --nofiles and got nothing returned.

I tried starting apache via yast and got this message:

/etc/init.d/apache start returned 1 (Unspecified error.)
Starting httpd [ PHP4 SSL ] An SSL passphrase has not been entered and
shmfs within 2 seconds. To increase this timeout, adjust
HTTPD_START_TIMEOUT in /etc/sysconfig/apache . ..failed

What the heck does this mean and is it related?

Tom

--

Tom Nielsen
Neuro Logic Systems