Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1? (With a 2.6 kernel?)
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:46:22 -0500
On Tuesday 02 March 2004 09:34 am, Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> * Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx> (Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:01:29AM
> -0500)
>
> > It's a mixed bag but I'd rather go the vanilla route. There's never been
> > anything I know of that I needed and the vanilla kernel didn't have (but
> > SUSE did).
>
> I guess you've neevr tried to install on recent laptops
> (or for that matter most recent hardware ).

I've done both, many times, including Dells. Don't know what your point is.

> Examples include the IDE controller and network card in recent dell laptops
> (m60/d800)

If the hardware isn't supported, it doesn't much matter what kernel you use.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 03/02/04 09:45 +
"I've learned- that it takes years to build up trust, and only
suspicion, not proof, to destroy it."

< Previous Next >