Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1? (With a 2.6 kernel?)
  • From: Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:34:40 +0100
* Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx> (Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:01:29AM -0500)

> It's a mixed bag but I'd rather go the vanilla route. There's never been
> anything I know of that I needed and the vanilla kernel didn't have (but SUSE
> did).

I guess you've neevr tried to install on recent laptops
(or for that matter most recent hardware ).

Examples include the IDE controller and network card in recent dell laptops
(m60/d800)

Kind regards,
--
Gerhard den Hollander Phone :+31-10.280.1515
ICT manager Direct:+31-10.280.1539

solely for the use of the addressee. This e-mail shall not be deemed binding
unless confirmed in writing. If you have received it by mistake, please let us
know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this
message or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the company. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission.