Re: [SLE] UPS (power supply) and SuSE
  • From: Richard Atcheson <ratcheson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:59:59 -0600
On Monday 01 March 2004 12:36 pm, S.R.Glasoe wrote:
> Have you tried either apcupsd or nut software? Both are on SUSE DVD/CDs.
> Does the APS 350 (did you mean APC?) have serial or usb or ethernet
> connections?

My APC 350 has the usb connection. I had tried the apcupd when I first got
the thing about a year ago and could not get it to work with my ps. Probably
me but I got sidetracked and went to other things. The important thing is
the UPS has saved me several times when we had a thunderstorm coming through.

I put them on a batch of computers I maintain and havent had but one callout
since. Nice things to have on a work/office machine that stays on all the
time.

> The nut software has a long list of manufacturers and models
> of ups systems. Check the URLs from Vincent's posts.

Thanks, I'll give them a look and see if I can get one of them working.
RA

< Previous Next >