Re: [SLE] UPS (power supply) and SuSE
  • From: Jack Malone <jmalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 12:43:05 -0600
At 10:26 AM 3/1/2004, S.R.Glasoe wrote:

On Monday 01 March 2004 07:25 am, linuxjim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have experience with running SuSE 8.2 with an Uninterruptible
> Power Supply? Does Suse recognize the unit? How do you set it up?

Its called apcupsd and has been on SUSE since 7.3 at least. Once installed you
need to configure it primarily for UPS type, cable type and communication
port. All documentation ends up in /usr/share/doc/packages.
I can second that apcupsd is working goood from 8.0 up to 9.0 here at work for me with couple different apc ups's. do not have the model numbers off the top of my head but its good an its on the disks for suse.

has a webpage also that gives you some info ect

jack