Fixing MP3 files?
  • From: The Purple Tiger <Jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 15:41:58 +0000
Lo all :)

I have a large number of MP3 files that are corrupted in various ways -
a harddrive that was dying had them on and suffered random corruption.

Now I am okay with audible glitches in the MP3s, but xmms seems to choke
on a few of them some way through and I assume this is due to the
corruption in the MP3 file itself and it just sits there part of the
way through the file.

I am looking for a program to fix the MP3 files - basically something to
read them and write out a proper MP3 conformant file based on the
original.

Thoughts?

Thanks :)

  • No further messages