Problem installing SuSE 9.0 on a VA Linux with an aic-7897 controller
  • From: <gcastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:38:10 -0300 (ART)
Hi, guys:

I have a problema installing SuSE 9.0 on a VA Linux server with a
hot-swap backpanel with an aic-7897 controller. When the installation try to
load the aic7xxx module, it hangs (the module loading). staying in
"initializing" state forever. I tried to load the module manually, passing
parameters to the insmod command, from inside the manual installation, but
it ain't work. Still it hangs and the installation cannot continue. However,
another VA Linux server is running Debian Woody and it worked from the
beginning. The secret is that the woody's kernel have the module compiled
into the kernel and not as SuSE do, like an external module.
Any ideas?

Saludos,
Gustavo Castro.