Re: [SLE] Solved, but for the Dancing Penguin:Re: [SLE] SuSE Help System and Apache2
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 06:11:32 -0500

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 06:31 pm, poeml@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 01:31:19PM -0500, Steven T. Hatton wrote:

> > Which I never knew. I guess 1.3 and 2 aren't that different. I never
> > tried.
>
> In some respects they are very different, but not visibly to the user.

I'm not sure which level of user you mean. I haven't had time to follow
Apache much. I've been tracking Tomcat and Java's WSDP, as well as a lot of
other related stuff. That is until the Qt book came out. Then I dropped
everything and started selfinflicting C++ again.

> I believe we have ditched it due to unclear copyright long
> ago, but if it's still there it is in the apache-example-pages package
> (the one of apache1).

It was kind of handy to have the SuSE-built index.html with all the links, and
information about the install, etc. Sure, I can make my own, but if I don't
have to, that would save some time.

> Don't worry.
>
> If you need help, it counts as a bug which needs to be resolved. Let me
> know.

It will probably not be soon. I have a pretty solid background in managing
webservers going back to Netscape SuiteSpot beta 1. That doesn't mean I
never need help, but it's not that complex. I'll keep the offer in mind.
I'm glad SuSE implemented my suggestion about linking in user configuration
files to prevent editing /etc/httpd/httpd.conf. :-)

> Peter

STH

  • No further messages