Re: [SLE] Rhythmbox and realaudio?
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 11:04:45 +0000
> One thing, though - it has "internet radio" support but I'm not sure what this
> means in terms of formats. I usually listen to BBC Radio 1 using xmms on my
> PC, which is a RealAudio stream. However, Rhythmbox doesn't like this - it
> complains with one of the following errors:

It doesn't support Real, as there isn't a working Real plugin for
GStreamer (this ticks me off too a bit as well John, I'm a BBC Radio
4/5/6 addict).

However, one of the GStreamer team has started work on a pluginn wrapper
to use Xine plugins in GStreamer. It's for the currently unstable 0.7
tree (which I may package at some point when they produce a version of
gst-player that uses it - RB and Sound Juicer already do...), which will
become 0.8 when it's deemed stable.

It's in GStreamer Plugins version 0.7.5, marked as 'experimental', I
don't know what it's status will be by the time 0.8 "goes gold"
--
James Ogley, Webmaster, Rubber Turnip james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.rubberturnip.org.uk Jabber: riggwelter@xxxxxxxxxxxx