Re: [SLE] Administrator root can't login
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 05:35:57 -0500

On Monday 01 March 2004 05:27 am, M.G. INFORMATICA di Melis Giuseppe wrote:
> Hi,
> From 2 days i can't login with root on Suse 9. The password is right, but
> it say to me that the root can't use for login. So i can only login with a
> user and then use SU or insert the password when i use the visual tool
> administrator.
> How can change this setting? How can enable the root login?
>
> Thank you.

Are you trying to login on the local box, or over the network with XDMCP?
Have you done anything with the security settings in YaST? You may want to
look through the YaST -> System -> Editor for /etc/sysconfig Files and see if
there is something set there. You can run YaST with Alt+F2 kdesu /sbin/yast2
you should then be prompted for a password for root.

STH

< Previous Next >