Re: [SLE] Getting a SCSI bug:
  • From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:22:07 -0700
On Sunday 29 February 2004 17:30, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Sunday 29 February 2004 07:22 pm, Hans Forbrich wrote:
> > On Sunday 29 February 2004 16:52, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> >
> > Appreciate the response. Attached is a whole lot of additional info ...
>
> I guess it's beyond me at this point since the device is partly running.
>
> But before swapping the cntrlr, how about disconnecting the tape drive and
> booting with just the controller present. If no errors, I would assume the
> problem lies with the device and not the controller.

Appreciate it. However, I still have that nagging suspicion that it's noeither
the controller nor the tape drive. I suspect it's the drier software - after
all there is the 'report this as a bug' message when initializing the
controller.

BTW - I have now tried the second controller with no change in the symptoms.

/Hans

< Previous Next >
List Navigation