Re: [SLE] Boot inittab problem - Please Help!
  • From: Ahbaid Gaffoor <agaffoor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:30:35 -0500
Okay. I got the knoppix cd going and it looks as though the /etc/inittab has been hosed... it has a bunch of garbled characters in it...

Can someone please email me a copy of an /etc/inittab?

I can at least use that to get the box going (with some editing).

I am using SuSE 8.1 Pro.

for now I will see what I can do using knoppix's /etc/inittab

many thanks

Ahbaid.

Philipp Thomas wrote:
Ahbaid Gaffoor <agaffoor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [Fri, 30 May 2003 10:27:46 -0500]:

I am now facing the following at the prompt as it tries to boot:
I was thinking of popping in a knoppix cd and mounting my root partitiom /dev/hda3 read write to see if something is wrong in my /etc/inittab

is there an easier way I can get around this problem?

Nope. Your only chance is booting from another media like a knoppix CD or
the rescue system from the SuSE CDs and then try to repair the system.

Philipp