OpenOffice segmentation fault
  • From: David Robertson <der@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 30 May 2003 16:37:27 +0100
Following a reinstall of 8.2, I cannot get OpenOffice to start - the
terminal window on the first start complains of a segmentation fault. I
tied uninstalling it with YaST and then replacing it with the latest
version (1.0.3) tarball. On running "./install --prefix=/opt" it returns
to the prompt after a second or two, with no messages, and no
installation has taken place.

Interestingly enough, I downloaded the StarOffice 6.1 beta the other day
and it won't install either.The installation window comes up for a
couple of seconds, then disappears.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

David
--
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes