Database front ends
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 16:32:58 +0100
I need to move the database I use to run my business to linux soon and am
starting to look at the options.

Now, the backend power is clearly there but there seems to be a lack of good
front ends - and by "good", I mean something that can produce a high-quality
printed report. Almost everything that I've seen is fine for on-screen work,
when all that is needed is a row-and-column representation.

The best I've found so far is Knoda, but I'd prefer something gtk based
(because I use Gnome as my desktop). Does anyone know of anything that
produces good, WYSIWYG reports with graphics, page layout and text
formatting?

TiA

John
--