Re: [SLE] Uh...what's this?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 23:30:32 +0200 (CEST)

The 03.05.20 at 10:46, Christopher Mahmood wrote:

> > Suggestion: On another list I moderate I post the rules once every month.
> > perhaps you could do that here - post that text :-?
>
> I don't know if that will help.

Me neither :-)

We tend to ignore rules and things we supposedly know, anyway.

I had carefully read the help, but I learnt about the "-owner" thing when
somebody else asked O:-) I mean, I didn't detect what was happening the
first time.

> Always bounce to the envelope address. If it's an autoresponse,
> it's best to use a null sender from as well.

I see, that way loops are avoided. But sometimes, the envelope address is
invented, as is my case (I don't have a permanent IP number). What would
happened then? That could be the reasoning behind bouncing to the
originator.

> > That reminds me that the Spanish help test is not totally equivalent to
> > the English one, some little things are missing.
>
> Well, my Spanish isn't really good enough to write those so I'm kind
> of dependent on volunteers (hint ;)).

Hint taken, I'll have a try - but I'm not fast at that :-)

> > Anyway, that list is way more tolerant that this one: we have top posting,
> > don't' trim messages, thread hijacking, html... you name it, but almost
> > nobody complains, no flames ;-)
>
> Yeah, it seems to be a very civilized, friendly bunch. Of course,
> there are only about 600 people subscribed and a reasonable amount
> of traffic.

That helps, I suppose :-)

--
Cheers,