Re: [SLE] Uh...what's this?
  • From: John <yonaton@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 17:46:27 -0500

On Monday 19 May 2003 11:10, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
> * Ted Harding; <Ted.Harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 18 May, 2003 wrote:
> >This is not as weird as it looks.
> >
> >The English section is a translation of the Turkish section which
> >precedes it; the fact that you may be seeing "weird" characters is
> >simply due to the fact that the message was sent with iso-8859-9
> >(Turkish) encoding, whereas you are probably reading them with
> >iso-8859-1 encoding; to see them as they are meant to be seen you
> >would need to switch your email reader into "Turkish" encoding
> >(and you would also need to link this to Turkish fonts).
>
> Correct
>
> >As to what the message is about, it looks like an error-bounce back
> >to you (as originator of the message) to the effect that whoever
> >"username@xxxxxxxx" may be (pity it does not say what "username" is)
> >is now at "username@xxxxxxx" -- presumably one of the people that
> >the SuSE list tries to deliver to -- and while they have obligingly
> >delivered it this time, they are asking you (actually SuSE) to change
> >the address to the new form as soon as possible.
>
> Correct. As Turkish I can even guess who the mail is for. :-) Turk.net
> is one of the 5 big ISPs in Turkey and recently they have changed their
> name just type www.turk.net and it will say their new address is
> www.tnn.net.
>
> So actually the mailing participant who has a email address with the
> turk.net domain has to unsubscribe and then resubscibe wit the tnn.net
> domain.
>

> --
>
> Togan Muftuoglu
> Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer
> http://dinamizm.ath.cx

Okay, I'll take your word for it, heh, but why did *I* get it and no one
else (at least I haven't heard from anyone else getting it, and I got 3
copies of the same exact thing)?

John
- --
A butterfly is: Pretty,soft,harmless...and useless,
just like M$N. My Penguin and my Gecko eat butterflies.

< Previous Next >