Restoring GNOME GConf settings after SuSE 8.2 upgrade
  • From: Andre Truter <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 19 May 2003 23:58:17 +0200
Hi,

After I upgraded from SuSE81 to SuSE8.2, my GNOME panels would freeze
after one or two clicks on them.

After some investigation, I found that I can resolve the problem by
deleting my .gconf and .gconfd directories.
On the next GNOME session GNOME would create a clean configuration,
which works fine.

Now, my problem is that I had a lot of custom launchers and menus in the
menu bar, which are all lost now.
I have made a backup of the .gconf and .gconfd directories, so the old
configuration is still available.

Is there a way to import the old launcers and menus again, or will I
have to recreate them all by hand again?

Thanks
--

Andre Truter
Software Engineer

< The box said: Requires Windows 95 or better... >
< So I installed Linux >

  • No further messages