Re: [SLE] Microsoft to license Unix code(OT)
  • From: Alex Daniloff <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 13:48:54 -0700

> That's what bothers me the most at this point. IBM has remained mute
about it,
> which does NOTHING to calm anyone's fears, imagined or real.

I believe that IBM might have very good reasons to be mute.
1. All SCO claims about infringed SCO IP in Linux (kernel?,
utilities?) are just a plain bluff of cash strapped and sinking
company.
2. IBM might thinking about switching completely to Linux platform.
3. IBM might wait until SCO becomes very money tight, then IBM just
can buy SCO for pennies or easily kill them in court litigations.
4. Name your own version ...

Alex