Re: [SLE] [OT]Apache file extensions
  • From: Bram Mertens <bram-mertens@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 17 May 2003 10:33:36 +0200
I know this is a very late response, but in case you haven't solved it
by now...

IIRC you have to create a directory with the name you want as the last
part of the url 'test' in your example, and put the file in that
directory renamed to index.html.

So instead of creating a page test.html create the file test/index.html.

HTH
On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 06:02, Ahbaid Gaffoor wrote:
[snip]
> Everything works except, I have to put the extension on the file name I
> want in the URL...
>
> for example instead of saying "http://site/test"; I have to say
> "http://site/test.html";
> same goes for my PHP scripts, If I add the ".php" extension to the URL I
> am ok, without it the page does not come up.
>
> What configuration directives should I be using to not have to use the
> extensions?
[snip]

--
# Mertens Bram "M8ram" <bram-mertens@xxxxxxxx> Linux User #249103 #
# SuSE 8.1 Pro kernel 2.4.20-4GB i686 128MB RAM #

  • No further messages