Re: [SLE] Strange Mail Message
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 23:58:20 +0200
On Thursday 15 May 2003 23:55, Paul Trevethan wrote:
> I use Sylpheed-claws for mail (v8.2 package version) and I receive this
> weird message from the local mailer daemon that I never got in v8.1:
>
> 'This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
> a real message. It is created automatically by the mail system software.
> If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be re-created
> with the data reset to initial values.'
>
> What's with this? I do have root local mail sent to me (saves logging in as
> root) but I never had this behaviour in v8.1. I get hundreds of emails a
> day, many of which I delete as I read through because the thread does not
> interest me and it is very annoying to have to avoid this message.

Have you thought about setting up filters? I can see how simply stuffing
everything you get into your inbox would be a nuicance. Filtering all mail
from suse-linux-e into a separate folder, from linux-kernel into another or
whatever it is you receive is one way to keep things sane

> Can I filter it out of my inbox? I know nothing about it? It's only a minor
> annoyance but advice as to how to avoid it would be nice.

Have you by any chance been playing with pine? I know pine creates a message
like that. I don't know of any modern mailer that uses it, so you can
probably just delete it