Getting Nagios to work on SuSE 8.2
  • From: Andre Truter <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 13 May 2003 16:21:18 +0200
I am trying to set up nagios on a SuSE 8.2 box.

So far I have managed to get the nagios deamon to start with the sample
config and I can access the web page, but I don't seem to have access to
the cgi scripts.

>From the Nagios documentation, i need to set up authentication for
Apache.

Now the problem is that the Nagios documentation dos not conform to the
installation of Nagios on SuSE.
The install directories are different and the configuration for Apache
is in different files.

So, are the documentation that covers the SuSE way of using Nagios, or
do I have to just add the Nagios way into the /etc/httpd/httpd.conf
file?

>From the contents of /etc/httpd/nagios.conf, it seems that SuSE prefer
SSL authentication, while the Nagios docuemtation describe some other
way.

Thanks
--
Andre Truter
Software Engineer

< The box said: Requires Windows 95 or better... >
< So I installed Linux >

Disclaimer and Confidentiality Warning

This message is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are notified that any distribution, use of or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received the communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. The views and opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender of this message and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of ATIO. Consequently, ATIO does not accept responsibility for such views and opinions and this message should not be read as representing the views and opinions of ATIO without subsequent written confirmation. Each page attached hereto must also be read in conjunction with this disclaimer.

  • No further messages