Re: [SLE] Heading to Munich
  • From: Art Fore <afore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 12 May 2003 20:16:15 -0700
Spent 5 1/2 years in the Munich area out of a total of 9 1/2 years in
Germany. Left in 1984 but been back for a few short trips in the
meantime. Still have some dear friends there that I keep in contact
with. Freistaat Bayern is the best area of Germany. You can go to
Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Hungary, and many others from Munich. The
people a great as long as you are not an "Ugly American". There is a lot
of history, outside of Hitler, in Germany. King Ludwig, the salt mines
near Saltzburg where they have been mining salt for 8,000 years,
Neuschwangau, Valhalla, and so much to experience it is impossible to
see all. I will be going there again with my wife, who is also German,
and two other couples in July. Her nickname is one of the most common
names in Linux, Lilo, short of Liselotte. Hope you have a great time.

Art